Monday, October 6, 2014

Seven lines in seven minutes


1. My oldest son turned four yesterday, and his birthday party was the last big event we'll have in the house where we have lived for ten years.

2. We listen to music in the morning, and he and his younger brother have three favorite tracks on the new Counting Crows album, "Somewhere Under Wonderland": Earthquake Driver, Scarecrow, and Elvis Went to Hollywood.

3. "Is Elvis a he or a she?" asked the older boy.

4. On Mondays, I miss them the most.

5. On rainy Mondays, daycare dropoff is dreary; I am reminded that Tuesday is almost always better, no matter the weather.

6.  When my husband and I bought this house, we thought it was a little small but still workable for the two of us.

7. Now there are four of us, and we're moving to a bigger space; I will always remember how cozy we are in this little bungalow, and how I can hear them calling, from any room in the house, "Mom?"

No comments:

Post a Comment