Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sudden Flash Youth




Sudden Flash Youth: 65 Short-Short Stories

From Persea Books, now available for preorder. Includes my short piece "For Good," about Cece and Juan at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.

Contributors include Dave Eggers, Pamela Painter, Alice Walker, Ron Carlson, Naomi Shihab Nye, and more. It's edited by Christine Perkins-Hazuka and Tom Hazuka, and Mark Budman, who also edits Vestal Review (which published one of my flash fictions, He Waits, Wants, in Issue 30.)

Am I sounding convincingly casual? Because, really, I am doing some calisthenics of excitement over here, to be including in this book. Deep knee bends and such. Toe touches. Sudden Flash Youth ships in mid-June.

Musical Youth, if you've clicked the title of this post, is something else entirely. Can we hope for a comeback tour?

All we can do is hope, friends.

4 comments:

  1. Wahoo!! This is such fantastic news and so well deserved. We are doing calisthenics for you! You are in the company of greats in this upcoming book. My preorder went in like a schoolgirl slapping an Academic Bowl buzzer. Congratulations from a grateful, past student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And funny... my "word verification" on that last one was "likess."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you two. So nice to hear from you both! I also likess.

    ReplyDelete