Sunday, August 9, 2015

In Which I Post Links to Places Where You Can Review My Novel...

...should you be the kind of reader who likes posting reviews. The book is called TRIP THROUGH YOUR WIRES. I think you might like it.

So if you have the time and the inclination, here are a sampling of sites that offer readers the chance to provide their two cents, each handily linked to my book page: 

Amazon.com

Barnes & Noble

Goodreads (I'm giving away four copies of TTYW through the end of August. Find it here.)

Powell's Books

Strand Books (also has signed copies!)


Note: If we are personally acquainted/related, and you haven't read my book yet: IT IS SO TOTALLY FINE. I love you. I'm glad you bought it/want to read it/gave it a passing thought. Stop skulking around like I'm going to give a quiz, and pass the guacamole, for the love of Pete.

2nd Note: If we are NOT personally acquainted/related, and you have read my book: I seriously love you. In a totally platonic and appropriate way. It is still a little unbelievable to me that complete strangers or friends of friends and book clubs (!) are reading the dang thing. I sometimes wondered if the novel would only ever exist in my own head. And now it's in other readers' heads, too, via the page/screen. Maybe through osmosis? However you got it, I'm glad you did.

That said, I know that reviews and recommendations matter to people. They're more likely to check out a book that has been read and reviewed by others. (Says one Goodreads reviewer of TTYW: "I didn't really know what to expect of this one, since it doesn't have too many reviews yet, but I'm glad I took a chance on it, anyway. I first heard of it through Largehearted Boy's Book Notes feature, which is how I have discovered many other under-the-radar books.")

You can also just click a button for a starred rating. The lovely person above opted for 4/5 stars, and for that I am grateful.

Now back to your hammock reading, with thanks to Andrea for this picture.



     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment