Monday, May 9, 2011

May I?

May I please tell you that the month of May is for writing? For me, that is. It's not, like, a national event or anything. No gimmicks. No tricks. Just writing. And MAYbe occasionally shopping online for adorable baby clothing, but mostly writing. And emptying the spam folder, which includes missives from Lisa about Amazing Scholarship Opportunity. I know, I know, hilarious spam is old news. But still? It makes me laugh, daily. It makes me jot things down. It makes me pay attention. Pay attention. You MAY have already won valuable prizes and dollars US.

May I also share an excerpt from my novel, SLEEPING WOMAN? You may find it in the Dia de los Muertos anthology.



I just got my copy in the mail, and it's a very cool book with a variety of material centered on the loose theme of the Day of the Dead. To find out more about Day of the Dead, you may consult an encyclopedia, Wikipedia, or your local news outlet on or around Nov. 1.

Other excerpts from SLEEPING WOMAN have been published by Freight Stories and Cantaraville. You may find yourself enjoying those publications as much as I.

(In fact, I know you will. Go on, now. Git.)

No comments:

Post a Comment