Thursday, September 30, 2010

Collaborate to fabricate

Collaborate apparently is the one "ate" word that isn't in that one song by INXS. (I asked the computer. It told me so. The song's Mediate, by the way. At 98 we all rotate. Etc. Now try to get it out of your head. JUST GO AHEAD AND TRY.)

I'm new-ish to writing collaborative fiction, but thanks to Indianapolis literary guru Bryan Furuness, we currently have a project up at Ninth Letter along with writers Andrew Scott and Matthew Simmons. The premise: what would you do if you had use of a time machine for a day? I immediately loved the idea, feeling as strongly as I do about time travel and the potential mechanisms for such.

We all wrote our own contest entries for the Tempus Fugitive (c), which Bryan then assembled and submitted to magazines. In addition to corralling writers from across the land, Bryan also has been published by Ninth Letter's print edition, and his story, Man of Steel, will appear in Best American Nonrequired Reading 2010. How cool is that? The answer, my friends, is very.

Check out all of the above if you're so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment