Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I was just talking about how I get distract--

There are many things I could be doing, and in fact should be doing. But this is the time of year when I find myself...

-Answering telemarketer calls
-Completing annoying online surveys
-Scrubbing the stove
-Checking e-mail and Facebook 8 million times (but somehow not summoning the energy required to respond. I'm sorry: I probably owe you one. I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say (I promise) I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be (I promise) But if I had to walk the world I'd make you something something, I promise you, I promise you. There: When in Rome just handily proved my point.)
-Watching for the mail truck
-Wandering aimlessly around the house
-Letting the kettle scream too long
-Dusting (!)

You know it's desperate when I start dusting. My students would find my procrastination hilarious -- that is, if they weren't so eager to know their grades. I'm exaggerating a little (really, Sarah? you?), since I seem to be on track: breaking the work down into small, manageable chunks. But I'm all out of my grading go-to energy source, candy corn, which could necessitate a trip to the store. Where maybe I should do some Christmas shopping. And buy a gift for my adorable new niece. And her big sis, so she won't feel left out. Also need more coffee filters. And is there an aisle that sells sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment